The coronavirus pandemic has completely uprooted our society and our lives overall. Unfortunately, many have been its victims, and all of us are on edge, wondering what our next days, months, and years will look like.
At JES Foundation Repair, we have taken a whole slew of precautions to ensure our crews and customers are staying safe. We do not want to contribute to the spread of this virus, which has taken so many lives across the country and world. We do not want homeowners in Baltimore, MD, to have to worry about whether allowing our crew into their homes will put them in danger. Our customers and their ensured safety are always top of mind for us.
If your basement is long overdue for some waterproofing, do not hesitate to give us a call. We understand your concern, but our crews have been trained, and we are always keeping up with the latest recommendations. No one knows how long this pandemic will last, and by the time it does, problems in your basement may advance past a point of no return. Some problems, like wood rot, do not need much time to annihilate all your wooden floor joists, warranting hefty and expensive repairs. That’s the last thing you need with all this pandemic-related confusion and chaos.
We are doing everything we can to battle the outbreak of the virus and protect our customers. We have trained all our basement waterproofing experts in a range of coronavirus prevention methods, as recommended by the Center for Disease Control (CDC). They are:
- Masks: We are absolutely pro-mask. We are taking this pandemic very seriously and do not take lightly the dangers this virus poses. We also understand that many homeowners are older individuals and want to do everything we can to ensure their continued protection.
- Social distancing: We are also mandating social distancing for all our crews and other employees. Our crews are trained in how to always maintain a safe distance from our customers. We never want to put you in an uncomfortable situation.
- No proximity: Sometimes, social distancing is not enough. Some members of our population are at especially high risk. That is why our employees will reduce direct contact with customers.
- No handshaking: Do not worry about our crews putting you in an uncomfortable situation when it comes to greetings and handshaking. We understand it is not safe right now, and so do all our crew members.
- Clean tools: In addition to the above measures, our crews are instructed to properly sanitize their tools to ensure any potential virus cells are not introduced into your home.
- Handwashing: Hygiene is always important, now more so than ever. We have instructed all our crew members on proper pandemic hygiene and other related safety procedures.
We hope you understand that we are doing all we can to ensure we are a positive force in fighting back this pandemic and keeping our customers safe. In addition to the above, we are also implementing a range of company-wide measures to care for our employees and make sure they are not putting our customers in any danger. This means we are closely following any developments and recommendations from the CDC, governmental agencies, local health departments, and our expert partners.
Let’s take a look at a few other basement waterproofing-related measures we are taking:
- We want to make sure all our crew members and other employees are up to date on all the latest recommendations from the CDC and other governmental public health bodies. This means we are going above and beyond to make sure our employees understand what it means to stay safe during the pandemic through support and ongoing and recurring training. As we described above, these measures also entail proper mask-wearing, hygiene, and social distancing.
- As essential workers, we understand the emotional toll this pandemic has taken on all of us. That is why we are making sure our basement waterproofing experts are staying safe by providing them with company-issued personal protective equipment. This equipment includes masks (surgical, N95, or Groundworks-branded). We have also put in a mask mandate for all employees and crews because we felt it was important and necessary. Our employees are required to wear masks at all times when on-site in client’s homes.
- Sanitation is a big part of the measures we are taking. Our crews have been instructed on how to properly sanitize their vehicles, tools, and other equipment.
- Crews are also undergoing health screening at the start of each working day. When they come into work, all our employees are checked for COVID-19 symptoms, and their temperature is taken.
- Should an employee become ill, they will be required to stay at home. We will also ask them to seek professional medical help.
- Staggering start times have been implemented as well.
Like you, we are ready to see the end of this pandemic. However, until that happens, we are making sure that our employees are doing everything they can to stay safe and ensure the continued well-being of our customers.
So, do not put off your basement waterproofing repairs any longer. Contact the expert team at JES Foundation Repair today for a free inspection and repair quote!